- 1 How do you cite an online exhibit in APA?
- 2 How do I cite an exhibition in APA?
- 3 How do you reference an exhibition text?
- 4 How do you reference an exhibition?
- 5 How do you cite artwork from a website?
- 6 How do you reference a website?
- 7 How do you cite artwork in a paper?
- 8 Do you italicize exhibition titles?
- 9 How do you reference a museum object?
- 10 How do you in text cite a museum website?
- 11 How do you cite in CMOS?
- 12 How do you cite an online exhibit in Chicago style?
- 13 How do you cite in text MLA?
How do you cite an online exhibit in APA?
APA Referencing Guide — Art exhibition
- Artist(s) (family name, comma followed by initials, with full stop and space after each initial)
- (Year of exhibition). ( in round brackets, followed by full stop)
- Title of work (in italics)
- [Medium]. (
- Exhibited at location and date of exhibition. (
How do I cite an exhibition in APA?
Reference format Artist, Initial (or Gallery/Institution). (Year). Title [ Exhibition catalogue]. City of publication, Country/State: Publisher.
How do you reference an exhibition text?
b. To cite materials posted at a museum, use the following style: Format of information (wall text, object label, brochure), Gallery Name, Number or Exhibition Title, Museum Name, City, State.
How do you reference an exhibition?
Reference examples Year. Title of exhibition, venue, date. [Exhibition catalogue]. Place of publication: Publisher.
How do you cite artwork from a website?
To cite an image/reproduction of a work of visual art from the Web, follow this format: Artist’s Last Name, First Name. Title of Artwork. Date artwork created, Name of Institution or Private Collection Housing Artwork, City Where it is Housed.
How do you reference a website?
Include information in the following order:
- author (the person or organisation responsible for the site)
- year (date created or last updated)
- page title (in italics)
- name of sponsor of site (if available)
- accessed day month year (the day you viewed the site)
- URL or Internet address (pointed brackets).
How do you cite artwork in a paper?
Provide the artist’s name, the title of the artwork in italics, and the date of composition. Finally, provide the name of the institution that houses the artwork followed by the location of the institution (if the location is not listed in the name of the institution, e.g. The Art Institute of Chicago).
Do you italicize exhibition titles?
Use italics for the titles of art exhibitions. Exhibition, not exhibit, is the preferred term for a public showing of art and other creative works. faculty. Faculty titles are lowercase unless the title precedes a name.
How do you reference a museum object?
Full citation format for objects and gallery notes
- “name of the object.” object’s accession number. University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology.
- “name of the object.” object’s accession number. “title of the gallery notes (if any).” Gallery notes.
How do you in text cite a museum website?
To cite text from the Museum’s website and help others find it in the future, provide the:
- Author (if a particular person is not attributed, list the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum as the author)
- Title of the article.
- Title of the webpage.
- URL of the webpage.
- Date you accessed the information.
How do you cite in CMOS?
Chicago style citation in the bibliography: Last name, First name. “Title of Article,” Journal Title Volume Number, No. of issue (Year): Page range.
How do you cite an online exhibit in Chicago style?
Aug 08, 2016 33776. Format of information (wall text, object label, brochure), Gallery Name, Number or Exhibition Title, Museum Name, City, State.
How do you cite in text MLA?
In-text citations include the last name of the author followed by a page number enclosed in parentheses. “Here’s a direct quote” (Smith 8). If the author’s name is not given, then use the first word or words of the title. Follow the same formatting that was used in the Works Cited list, such as quotation marks.